Today Cisco announced that it will be reselling VMware View as part of its integrated desktop virtualizatio solution that is based on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) to simplify the secure and scalable deployment of virtual desktops across the enterprise.
Some of the highlights of this sokution as indicated in the press release include:
- The Cisco UCS and VMware View integrated desktop virtualization solution provides customers with:
- Simplified physical and virtual infrastructure and management associated with virtual desktop deployments, providing an excellent user experience, coupled with a foundation optimized for performance and availability.
- A streamlined operational model that enables the deployment of virtual desktops to users in minutes.
- A lower cost per seat realized through greater hosted desktop density, fewer components to purchase and manage, and reduced storage costs.
- Scalability to meet customers' business needs and regulatory requirements, while reducing risk and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Consistent security policy implementation and administration through UCS Manager and VMware View integration.
- Consistent access to the desktop environment across locations and devices, with exceptional application responsiveness and graphics performance.
For full details on the announcements check out the Ciscso press release
Cisco Press Release to resell VMware View as part of Desktop Virtualization